Friday, January 20, 2017

Don't get "Hangry!" What is our eating plan?

I am always eating.  It is important to eat every 3 hours during this program in order to keep your body from feeling hungry. The body needs to have something to burn so it does not burn the muscle that I am trying so hard to build. 

A good visual that I like to think of is that my metabolism is a bonfire. I have to feed the fire every few hours to keep it from getting too small and going out. If you feed the fire too much at one time it will flare out of control.

Here is a sample of a given day of eating. This is taken from my food log on January 6th:

6am- 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup (pre cooked) oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup blueberries

8:30am (Post-workout 1)- 1 scoop Isopure protein powder, 2 rice cakes

10:30am- 4 oz grilled chicken, 4 oz cilantro lime quinoa, 4 oz asparagus

1:30pm- 4 oz ground turkey (seasoned w/ chili powder, cumin and salt), 5 oz sweet potato, 4 oz spinach

4:30pm (Post workout 2)- 4 oz ground turkey and 4 oz mixed salad greens with 1/4 avocado and vinegar

7:30pm- 4 oz sirloin, 4 oz brussel sprouts

9:30pm- 1 scoop of Isopure protein powder

As you can see, it is lots of food. The combinations of protein, carbs and veggies can vary. We are not eating any carbs after 4pm.  I have found it to be fairly easy as long as I have the food prepared and with me wherever I go. (And as long as I don't thing about doughnuts too often.)

Happy eating friends!

1 comment:

  1. Fascinating to read. It's all about your prep-and-go routine... It looks very healthy!

    ReplyDelete