Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Bag Packing

Bag packing...

I've packed my bags many times in life. I packed for a 6 month internship in Guam having no idea where Guam even was. I have packed for beach vacations: Hawaii, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Bahamas and more. I've packed for ski trips to Iceland, soccer trips to Italy, Aruba, Austrailia.  I have packed so many times I am actually a sponsored pro. 

I enjoy packing because as you lay out clothes and gear, you can see into the future the fun that will be had.  And honestly who doesn't like filling all those super tech pockets with useful accessories like waterproof Bluetooth speakers?

This time packing sucks. I'm packing my hospital bag. I have no idea what I will want or need. According to the Hyster Sisters website, social media and blogs I really need my "fat pants."  Super! Lindsey, don't forget your fat pants so you don't get disgusted trying to squeeze your swollen, cut up, tender belly into skinny jeans. Thanks captain obvious. 

Let's see, fat pants, check.  Underwear two sizes too big, check. Dignity, check. 

Oh yea. Hyster Sisters said not to forget the baby wipes. For what exactly? I thought a hysterectomy was a farewell to the uterus therefore a farewell to babies. Purely as a rebellious act I will refuse to bring baby wipes.  Take that!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Love it. Think strong, be strong, stay strong. Love the blog. Looking forward to more pics- but the ones where you are jumping off a cliff or skiing! This is a speedbump in the road of life for you Lindsey. Drive over it and just keep driving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey. I have never met you but I feel like I know you as I am a good friend of your mother. We have lunch regularly and our conversations are almost always about our adult children. I want you to know I am thinking of you. Your mother and Bill are so very proud of you. You are one LOVED daughter!! Judy Cuypers

    ReplyDelete