Monday, September 21, 2015

Food

Food, glorious food!

I aspire to write a cookbook. I have enjoyed the opportunity at 3 Creek Ranch to host a cooking class with our head chef to highlight and familiarize my clients with healthy and interesting foods. The class is called "Lean with Lindsey."

My favorite food in the world is tuna poke. I was exposed to tuna poke when I lived in Micronesia. Below is my favorite food, my favorite recipe, and my favorite way to impress guests. Enjoy!



My Favorite Tuna Poke

  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup Tamari (Gluten free soy sauce)
  • 1/2 tablespoon sambal oelek
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil (more to taste)
  • 3 scallions, white and green parts separated, sliced thinly on the bias
  • 2 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
  • One 1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
  • 1/2 white onion, such as Maui onion, julienned
  • 1 pound ahi tuna, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
  • 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted macadamia nuts (can also use toasted sesame seeds or black sesame seeds as pictured below)

 

Combine the tamari, sambal, sesame oil, scallion whites, garlic, ginger and onions in a medium bowl. Toss in the tuna and let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.

Stir in the macadamia nuts. Plate as desired and garnish with the scallion greens.
 
Adding a diced avocado is also delicious. This can be served with brown rice as a Poke Bowl. You can also serve in a lettuce cup or endive leaf.
 

 

1 comment: