Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tetons Aglow

The Tetons are Aglow

Twilight and its magic colors paint the tips of the Tetons a pinkish orange. From my condo, I can look out the window and watch the ever changing Alpinglow. The wispy clouds close to the horizon are purple, as I look higher in the sky they change to a glowing blush. This is my favorite time of day to be outside. The wind glasses off and a calmness settles in the valley. Look West to the sunset or look East to the mountains reflecting the moment.

I want to run and jump and play.  I want to roll in the fall leaves. I am restless. Day 10 of only walking. I walked 4 miles today and was punished with abdominal bleeding from my incision. Nothing to be alarmed by. I called my nurse and she said I likely went too far despite the fact that it was painless. She suggested more frequent short walks. Now I'm stuck laying down to let the blood clot. Difficult considering every day at noon I self-inject blood thinner into my stomach. 

As I've written, the sun has set on another Wyoming day.  One more day of recovery. One day closer to ski season. These two things make me smile. One day closer...






1 comment:

  1. Recovery and ski seasom...two fantastic goals, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete