Saturday, October 17, 2015

3 weeks

3 Weeks or 1 Week (depending on the surgery)

The last few days in Jackson were beautiful.  Sorry I didn't blog.

I wasn't outside hiking and biking so don't worry. I am still following the doctors orders and taking it easy. I have been on some small walks and sat outside in a chair. The big news is I drove!!!  I went to the grocery, where I can't lift more than 15 pounds so I bought 3 avocados and some grapes. It didn't matter what I bought, I just wanted the feeling of independence and freedom.

I've been thinking a lot about what I thought my recovery would be like. I thought I would blog, catch up on reading, watch great movies, work on my cookbook and enjoy time off work and exercise. NOT how It is! This has not been a pleasurable break.  I can't get comfortable, ever. However, I feel a change coming...

My incision is looking good. Honestly, nearly undetectable to the untrained eye. Only one small spot is not fully closed yet (yes the leaking is annoying.) My insides are healing. Today I coughed and didn't feel like a horse kicked me in the belly. It felt more like a tiny unicorn. I can laugh (awesome!) Laughing was incredibly painful just a few days ago.  Getting up and down from seated or laying isn't as much of a chore. Standing and walking are bearable. I'm off pain pills.

I can't wait to wear normal clothes. If the incision were closed I think my clothes would fit. I still have swelly belly but not too bad. I'm tired of fat pants. I certainly don't want to go back to work at the fitness center wearing fat pants.

I'm feeling optimistic. The setback that led to the second surgery is just a tiny speed bump. My mental strength continues to build as my physical strength improves. I'm almost through this. And honestly, this has been tough but it could have been much worse. If this is my life's biggest battle I should count my blessings.


2 comments:

  1. Every day, in every way, you are getting stronger and stronger! (Tony Robbins, 1980)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great. keep looking forward. so glad.

    ReplyDelete