Monday, October 12, 2015

Toughness

Toughness


Toughness comes in many forms. In the case of my situation I am going to discuss two: mental toughness and physical toughness.

At the beginning of this cancer mess my body was strong, fit, and capable to handle the mental toughness of my diagnosis and the unpredictable road ahead. Now, after surgery and complications, my physical toughness is hanging on by a thread. It is now that I must call on my mental toughness to be the super hero.

My body is the weakest it has been. My bladder actually went to sleep and forgot that it has a job to do. Can you imagine the helplessness of trying to harness energy and motivation just to get a bladder going. I know how to fire my gluteus or my quads, but my bladder...

Using my batman light I called in mental toughness. Lindsey, you can handle this. A few more days and the body will be feeling safe and everything will function properly.  I walked two laps around my garage saying, a month from now you will be skiing.

Come on body...Be the Ying to my brains Yang.  I need you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment